We are located 10 miles from town on a gravel road. We have a small gift shop with sundry items, but you should plan on bringing your supplies with you.
The weather is variable, and it's good to be prepared for either warm or cool weather. Suggestions are:
- Casual clothing (jeans, sweatshirts, T shirts, shorts)
- Long sleeves for outdoor activities
- Sweaters and a warm jacket
- Rain jackets (no ponchos allowed for horse riding)
- Riding boots – smooth soles with a heel – or slick soled athletic shoes.
- Comfortable, broken-in hiking boots or walking shoes. Hiking poles or a walking staff is advisable if you have difficulty in walking. Paths and walkways are hilly and rocky.
- Sunscreen, skin moisturizer, and chapstick
- Flashlight or headlamp (we have no exterior lights)
- Fishing gear (a Wyoming license may be purchased in Dubois).
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottles – 2 per person
- Day pack or fanny pack
- Each cabin has a small refrigerator. Please keep any snacks in the refrigerator or in plastic rodent-proof containers.
- All linens are furnished.
- We are connected to wireless, high-speed internet in the area around the Office and Dining Hall buildings.
- The guest phone number is available for emergency contact: (307) 455-2603. Cell phone coverage is "iffy".
- Laundry facilities are available for a nominal fee.
- For the safety of riders and horses, we cannot allow guests or staff weighing over 250 lbs. to ride. A scale will be available in the Tack Shed in case it is necessary to determine someone's weight. This weight limit is standard in the national parks and at other guest ranches.
- We love animals, but please leave your pets at home.
A WORD OF CAUTION: The elevation at Ring Lake is 7,500 feet and the setting of the Ranch is rugged. Because the air is so thin at this altitude, some people have difficulties, so feel free to take time to get acclimated. The skin sunburns easily and cardiac and respiratory systems may be compromised.
Guests may experience allergic reactions to horses, hay and fine dust. If in doubt, consult your physician as to the advisability of coming to our rather isolated place. Medical facilities in Dubois include a clinic staffed by a doctor, a nurse practitioner's clinic and an ambulance for emergencies. The closest hospitals are 90 minutes from the Ranch in Lander and Riverton.